Commitment Overcomes Threats in Long-Distance Relationships
Long-distance relationships have common threats that only strong commitment can over come. These long-distance relationship threats include:
– Third parties. This threat comes when both partners let their loneliness take over.
– Malicious intrigues. This threat works badly when transparency and trust are absent.
– Jealousy. This threat enters the picture when insecurities come to play.
All of these long-distance relationship threats can potentially ruin any long-distance relationship when left unchecked. This is why the role of commitment must be fully understood, revitalized and actualized.
Role of Commitment in Long-Distance Relationships
The role of commitment in long distance relationships is by all means vital. It serves as an invisible chain that binds couples engaged in long-distance relationships to be together. It somehow makes the individuals involved in long-distance relationships to keep communication lines open at all times. Commitment keeps the heart loving and the love going. Commitments must be fully understood before engaging in a long-distance relationship.
Commitments in a long-distance relationship and love are synonymous. Bear in mind that commitment without love is as good as nothing. Love without commitment is likewise worth nothing. Commitment and love are like heart and soul. Both are inseparable.
Aside from this, commitment means Turning promises in to reality. Remember, commitment is about word of honor. Always mean what is being said and say what is being meant.
Commitment must be revitalized every now and then. Here are some tips for revitalizing commitments in long-distance relationships:
1. Exercise planning and setting goals together. This exercise can help couples enhance their shared beliefs, expectations and ideas. It also adds more familiarity and intimacy to their long distance relationship.
2. Maintain mutual respect for each other. Respect each other's views, beliefs and opinion. Respect each other's decisions. Avoid making decisions without asking consent or permission.
3. Fine time to recall as often as possible the reasons that have made the relationship come to terms. Remember. Consider only Reasons that require more than emotion. Realize that commitment usually goes beyond feelings.
4. Be optimistic all the time. Avoid skeptics as much as possible. Run away from people who are always pessimistic about long distance relationships.
5. Practice transparency. Be transparent as much as possible. Let go of the myth that too much transparency could be disastrous. Keep in mind that transparency builds trust. Transparency takes rooms of suspicion away. Commitment and transparency are likewise inseparable.
6. Learn the art of surprise. Find time sending surprises such as cards, gifts, letters, and Flowers. Use modern technology to maintain constant communications. Do not just settle for a single mode of communication like the telephone. Try the latest forms such as Instant messaging tools, Emails, VoIP phones, snail mails, and cellphones. Most mobile phones at present have exceptional features that can connect anyone in any part of the world. Tri-band cellphone networks can be used globally worldwide. Commitment can be easily revitalize when communication lines are open at all times.
7. Share memorable experiences like:
– Exchange latest video clips and audio recordings
– Share latest photos or Personal calendars
– Watch similar TV shows or movies while talking online or on the phone.
– Answer Puzzles together while online
– Exchange digital photographs and videos of daily activities and send them through e-mail
– Exchange photos with each other also using cellphones with cameras
– Send favorite songs and ring tones through mobile phones